What is a work session?
When you start working on a specific task Hold X blocks the unwanted websites stopping you from distractions. It also tracks the time you spend on the task. That is considered a working session.
You can start one directly from the Chrome extension widget.
Start a work session:
- Click on the HOLD X browser widget
- Add a new task (if you haven’t created one already)
3. Click the start button ▶️ on the task
4. Enjoy your focus mode
What happens during a session?
During a work session, the distracting websites will be fully blocked. If you happen to need any of them for work, you can take a break from the session and access the site.
How do I end a work session?
You can fully control your work session from the widget bar at the bottom of your screen.
Your options are:
- Stop the session - the sites will stop being blocked and your task will not be marked as completed
- Take a break - you’ll get 5 minutes to relax and take a break from the work session
- Complete task - your session will end and the task will be marked as completed
If you have any other questions, drop us a message at email@example.com!